Monday, May 3, 2010

Personification by pysche001

Hello Fellow DCMs.
We have our first One Shot!
Personification
The author is the lovely and talented psyche001.
Here is a tease for you.

"Make yourself at home," I said, trying to mentally instruct the racing in my chest. He couldn't possibly be that disturbing to be around. I could even smell his thick, masculine musk from where I stood in the kitchen. The scent seemed more mature than he looked, but it still did inexplicable things to the joints in my hips and legs.


"I'm glad I caught you," he said, making his way over to the window. I watched him curiously as he pushed the curtains aside, passed his palms over the glass panes then pushed the window open. "Ah....it works."


Despite being baffled, I noted the way the muscles in his back and shoulders filled out his t-shirt perfectly. And when he turned back to me with that teasing smile on his lips, I snagged my bottom one between my teeth and inhaled sharply.


"You haven't poked your head out that window in a while," he said. "I just wondered if it was jammed or something."


I couldn't help the smile that tugged my mouth upward then. "It works fine," I said, blushing a little. "I've just been here...relaxing."


"Are you okay? Not ill or anything?"


"I'm fine, I promise. Just needed to retreat for a bit." Though I knew why he asked it. I looked like shit.


After an awkward pause between us he took a few steps toward me and passed his fingers over his lips, drawing my attention to the pink, pouty flesh. I literally had to shift my weight in order to smother the reaction between my legs, wanting nothing more than to suck his lips into my mouth and bite.


"I would ask if you'd join me for a cup of coffee or something, but...."


"Give me five minutes," I said, and darted off toward my bedroom.


Edward was everywhere all of a sudden. We had a comfortable evening with each other that first day. We laughed and chatted about our work, flirted a little, and I'd cross my legs every single time his eyes dropped to my lips suggestively. It turned out he was twenty six, and a general practitioner still in med school, trying to specialize in Obstetrics.....yet another thing that made me cross my legs. He was also impressed that I'd already had five novels published at twenty two.


The signs didn't make themselves obvious to me at first even though there was something vaguely familiar about him. Growing up I had worked so hard at separating myself from my mother and her practices that I ended up blocking other things out as well, albeit unintentionally. After writing to Alice that one time as a child about the form my true love would take, I hadn't thought about it again. The memory faded with time, locked in the diary in the attic with the hoards of other writings over the years.


It ended up filed away in the back of my mind amidst the other "mother induced" incidents in my life; and for the most part...blocked.


Even still, he was familiar to me and I found myself wracking my brain, trying to figure out why I felt like I was supposed to know him. I knew I hadn't written any character in a novel that looked anything like him...and god forbid if I had! The thought alone scared me. It couldn't have been right to feel that way about someone I had written for someone else. And he was literally everywhere I turned.


When I went to do laundry in the basement he was there. When I went to the supermarket he was there. When I was leaving or entering the building so was he; going either in or out. And don't get me started on the sticking my head out of the window part. After the day he checked it, I made sure to stick my head out often. And he was always there on his terrace with a cigarette hanging effortlessly from his lips; ready with a half smirk and a deadly, flirtatious wink.


Now go run on over, read and leave our fellow Dirty Cheeky Monkey some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment