Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Squeeze My Lemon ~ 08.08.12 Teaser


We beg and we got a squeezer for this week, none other than Pandora's Box is Heavy. Enjoy her teaser: 

"You had all of this stuff in your car?" I ask, setting the laptop in front of him. It dwarfs my old one, even though it's in pieces.

"Yeah. You never know when clumsy authors will need your help," he chuckles.

I do believe Edward Cullen just made a joke.

I sit next to him and watch him get to work. He uses a cord and plugs it into both computers and presses some buttons on the keyboard before a little symbol pops up on both screens.

"This could take a while. You have a lot of music."

"You sound surprised."

"Well, I know you like to use different playlists to set the mood when you're writing," he says, nodding towards my iTunes account. Then his eyes grow wide.

"What? Is it not working?" I panic.

"No… um…" That ever present blush presents itself along the sides of his neck and he adjusts his glasses once again. I lean over and look at the screen trying to find the reason behind his embarrassment and realize what playlist I had open before the coffee accident.

Me So Horny Playlist

"Oh. Well, you don't become a best seller without a little raunchiness," I laugh. "Sex sells in this industry."

He nods and exits out of iTunes. "Jesus Christ."

I almost want to laugh at the way he's acting at the sight of my desktop background. Alice thought it would be funny to take some intimate shots of me in an effort to portray the way I wanted the cover of the final book to come out. I'll admit I was completely against the idea until I saw the way they came out, and they actually inspired me to give justice to the final sex scene before the battle.

It's a collage of me in barely there lingerie of all different colors, but it's not like I look skanky or anything. It was a very tasteful photo shoot.

I can tell he's getting overly uncomfortable, so I feign being tired and head upstairs.

"Goodnight, Edward. If Emmett isn't too hung over I'll take the two of you out to lunch before you head home."

He nods and chokes out a tiny goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment