Friday, February 4, 2011

Review: My Viking by Sheviking.




Summary: Bella is captured by Vikings and brought with them to their home country where her new fate awaits. Can she ever find happiness being a slave? Will it make a difference that she is given to Edward to be his bed thrall? Rated M for old time lemons.

I have to confess that period fics of any nature are not my first choice when it comes to what I read. That was until I read this after seeing many recommendations on Twitter. The historical content is well researched and the writing is of the unusual standard we have come to expect from Sheviking. The characters are engaging and very believeable. I found myself in tears during the chapter where Edvard sends Bella out of his house to live in the communal area and takes Jutta as his bed thrall.

I have to say I was particualry impressed with how the author adapted the characters names to those of the Viking era and yet it is still very clear who she is bringing into the story.

The lemony content that you would expect to be reserved and old fashioned in nature with little to no pleasure for the woman is extremely, extremely hot. The scene in chapter eight is incredibly powerful, with both Edvard and Bella seemingly at the end of their tethers with their attraction to each other, is amazingly written and the the lemon that follows is both beautiful and ..well hot as all hell without being overly graphic.

I will even confess to reasearching Vikings after reading this to see how they treated the woman they took from different lands. The author has clearly done her own research and when you read, it is easy to picture the world in which Edvard and Bella live. I even hear the accents as I read.

I can't think of one negative thing about this story or any of its characters.

Overall this is a great read and if you are not one to read period fics I urge you to give this one a chance, you will not be disappointed. At dirtycheekymonkeys we cant wait to see what happens next in this unique and brilliant story.

Post your own comments on the story below or have a discussion in the social bar and tell us what you love about Edvard and My Viking.

Review written by @Chellebelle583

Fic rating- A must read for everyone!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this story, it's a must read!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. This is one of the BEST fic I have ever read and I count down until I see the latest update. It is addicting.

    ReplyDelete