Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Author Profile ~ Nicia

Congratulations to author Nicia who won 2nd place (3-way tie) in the judges vote and judges category Steamist given by IamTheAlleyCat, for her collaboration with Untamed00notbroken called Just A Kiss.

Most of you know Nicia for participating in Squeeze My Lemon, squeezing you with stories from Vampire Academy. VA is her passion, with 15 stories under her belt, she continues to bring us different worlds for Demetri and Rose. Fair warning, keep a pair of clean panties around when reading.

We gave all of our authors a little questionnaire, so let's check out her answers.
  
1.) If someone was interested in Twilight, would you tell them to read the books first, watch the movies first or read nothing but smutty fanfic?

I would tell them to read the books first, then to watch the films for a good laugh, and then to go and read lots of smutty fanfic!

2.) Be honest, in reading fanfic, what have you learned about sex that you didn't know before?

I have learned practically everything other than the basic sex-ed stuff by reading fanfic. I'm a virgin, so everything I write is what I've learnt from books or reading fanfiction. I'm happy to say that it turns out to be realistic and hot/passionate/sweet, whatever I'm going for in that particular lemon :)

3.) Do you get tingling when writing your lemons? If yes, explain why is that important to you.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. When I first started my lemons weren't that good and I had no experience writing them so I was more embarrassed than anything else. Now, I'm pleased if I do because I know I'm on the right track, and hopefully it will come through in my writing so other people experience those same emotions. It's the same principle as when writing other scenes. I want to ensure that my readers feel particular emotions, and if I feel them when writing it, I'm more confident that they'll also feel it.

4.) What's your favorite sexy times position to read about in fanfic, but that you aren't too crazy about in real life?

Hehe, I don't think I can answer this one since I still have my V-card. Ask me in a year or so and I might be able to answer! :D

5.) Who would be your ultimate, non-canon pairing for a smut fest in Twific?

Ooh, that's a hardone. Those non-canon couples make some smokin' pairings. Hmmm, probably CarlislexRosalie.

6.) Sweet and gentle in the bedroom or rough and tied up in the playroom?

I think I'd prefer it to be sweet and gentle in the bedroom. Maybe the playroom would bring out my wild side though...

7.) How do you like your lemons best: sweet, meaningful and a little abstract so you can infer things, or hot, descriptive, and straight-forward? And tell us why!

Now this I know I can't pick between! The lemon I want to read all depends on the intensity, style and plot of the fic! Sometimes, I want pure smut to get my pulse racing and my mind whirling, in which case it's the latter. Other days, I'm in a lighter mood and I want something that's more loving and emotion based, in which case I'd want the first type of lemon.

8.) What's serves as your inspiration when writing a good lemon? Music? pics? real-life experience?

Certain songs, or lyrics to songs have given me inspiration for a lemon. My most popular lemon/smut one-shot was inspired by Chris Brown's Beg For It. *hums tune* Pictures, things that I've read about, even conversations have inspired my lemons. I've also used real life issues as inspiration. Once again, it all depends upon the plot. If I want a hot, horny, down and dirty lemon, I have a playlist of songs that get me into that mindset and I'll maybe go and re-read a couple of my favourite smut fics. If I want it sweet and loving, I have a different playlist that I use. I also look up quotes, and sometimes even flick through books. Ooh, and dreams! Can't forget about those. ;D

9.) Emmett Cullen walks into a bar and is carrying what?

A weight.

10.) ....that's what he said.

Damn, that's tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment