Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Author Profile ~ Readingmama/Vampiremama

Congratulations to author readingmama/vampiremama on not only winning 1st place (a tie) on the judges vote but also 3rd place on the public vote for her one shot Permanent Press. If you haven't ever heard of her, then here is you chance to learn a few things.

Readingmama/Vampiremama has been around the fandom for some time, since 2009, and has quite a few stories under her belt. She is a part of a wonderful Facebook community called Fanficaholics Anon, where she gives much of her time in helping those of us who just can't get enough of fanfic. She is a talented writer who paints pictures of her stories with words that suck you in and make you feel something for her characters. From Gloaming, which gave us a different version of Twilight with a Bella who never met the Cullens until her 30s, to Beautiful Savage where she takes the impossible life of Savageward and turns into a most beautiful love story. We are certain that if you read any of her stories, that you will be touched, turned on and begging for more.

We gave all of our authors a little questionnaire, so let's check out her answers.

1.) If someone was interested in Twilight, would you tell them to read the books first, watch the movies first or read nothing but smutty fanfic?

I would tell them to watch the movies, then read the books and then move on to the smut. That way you build up to the best. Watching a movie first never wrecks the books but reading and then watching can leave a bad taste for the movies. Besides, the soon to be twihard needs to have the visuals down for when Fanficward goes down.

2.) Be honest, in reading fanfic, what have you learned about sex that you didn't know before?

*Laughs* I honestly don't think much, but I've learned a lot about writing sex that I didn't know. And now I feel like I can write anything and as long as I think it's hot, there will be others that find it hot as well.

3.) Do you get tingling when writing your lemons? If yes, explain why is that important to you.

No, I find if I don't keep my, uhm....head clear then I miss some of the important things in the scene.

4.) What's your favorite sexy times position to read about in fanfic, but that you aren't too crazy about in real life?

In the shower, it's not as easy as it sounds in fanfic. Perhaps when I build my tiled shower with a bench in it I may change my tune. 

5.) Who would be your ultimate, non-canon pairing for a smut fest in Twific?

I like the pairings that aren't so commonly used. Jasper/Esme, Carlisle/Bella, Edward/Jake

6.) Sweet and gentle in the bedroom or rough and tied up in the playroom?

I couldn't possibly choose just one. There is a place for everything, except golden showers, there is not place for those in my house.

7.) How do you like your lemons best: sweet, meaningful and a little abstract so you can infer things, or hot, descriptive, and straight-forward? And tell us why!

I like my lemons to move the plot forward. If I don't care about the characters it is never hot to me. I need to know who is fucking and why, and then I can enjoy it to the fullest.  I like the lemons where you know the character first, then you can really feel how they are feeling. For me the plot leading up to the lemon is the foreplay, it can be fun without it but it won't leave as lasting an impression.

9.) Emmett Cullen walks into a bar and is carrying what?

A keg. He sets it down behind the bar and gets ready for his shift behind the counter. He wonders if tonight will be the night she returns. Stunning and blonde, she had rocked his world and then left without so much as a 'see you later'. He slings a couple shots down the bar and fills the drink orders but his eyes never leave the door. If he stares at the door long enough, perhaps he can make her appear.

10.) ....that's what he said.

...oops, sorry, got a little carried away. 


We love it when our authors get carried away...it means that we do as well. Thank you!


~DCM

No comments:

Post a Comment